ADULT USE MARIJUANA LAWS IN MASSACHUSETTS
At Potency, consumer education is of utmost importance. We want to ensure that cannabis consumption is safe, responsible, and legal. Our knowledgeable guides are glad to explain the current legal restrictions on adult cannabis consumption in Massachusetts, and you can find additional information below.
WHAT DOES “ADULT USE” MEAN IN MASSACHUSETTS?
In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, “adult use” refers to the lawful purchase of cannabis products for personal use at licensed dispensaries by individuals aged 21 or higher. When entering the dispensary, all consumers will be required to present a government-issued photo identification. To enjoy a legal experience with this plant, familiarize yourself with the laws surrounding it.
WHAT CAN ADULTS DO WITH CANNABIS IN MASSACHUSETTS?
We find it useful to define everything a Massachusetts adult of at least 21 years old may do with cannabis. Residents and guests of the province are permitted to engage in the following activities:
– The purchase of up to one ounce of cannabis, of which no more than five grams may be concentrates.
– Giving cannabis (within the amounts defined above) to individuals over the age of 21 is prohibited.
– Up to six plants may be cultivated (maximum of 12 per household).
– Possession of up to 10 ounces of cannabis at their primary residence and cultivation of their own plants are permitted.
Adults may consume cannabis in their home or in the private domicile of another adult (with that individual’s permission). The use of cannabis cannot be the sole or primary reason for denying custody or visitation rights unless there is clear evidence that it poses a threat to the minor. Likewise, cannabis use does not limit access to medical care, including organ donation.
A lease cannot prohibit the consumption of cannabis that is not smoked unless the consumption of non-smoked cannabis poses a legal risk to the proprietor. Individuals who have been convicted of marijuana possession in the past are eligible to have their records expunged.
WHAT RESTRICTIONS DO MASSACHUSETTS HAVE ON ADULT USE?
- There are still restrictions on the manner and location of cannabis consumption and possession in the state.
- Cannabis cannot be inhaled or ingested in public areas where tobacco consumption is prohibited.
- Open cannabis containers are prohibited in the passenger compartment of a vehicle; however, the trunk or a locked glove box are permitted.
- Any measure at a person’s domicile exceeding one ounce must be secured with a lock.
- Cannabis is prohibited in correctional institutions, detoxification clinics, juvenile centers, preschools, and kindergarten through grade 12 schools.
- Cannabis may only be cultivated in locations that are secured with locks or another security system; it may not be cultivated anywhere that is visible from a public area.
- Only licensed manufacturers are permitted to produce cannabis extracts from substances with a flashpoint below 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Employers are permitted to impose restrictions on the consumption and use of marijuana in the workplace.
BUYING CANNABIS FOR RECREATIONAL USE MA
We at Potency adhere to the cannabis laws of our state with great attention to detail. We respect the laws and recognize that the legislation is intended to protect the citizens of Massachusetts. All of our business partners have been thoroughly screened for compliance, and we go above and beyond to ensure the legal safety of our customers. While we cannot provide legal advice, we do everything we can to guide you as you navigate the cannabis legal landscape.